Shine your Light Brightly
Full Moon in Capricorn + Partial Lunar Eclipse Equals Forward Movement and Living your Purpose
Full Moon in Capricorn and Partial Lunar Eclipse Equals Forward Movement and Living your Purpose
It all happens today, 16 July in Cape Town as follows:
Partial lunar eclipse starts at 20h43 and peaks at 23h30 – less than 10 minutes before the full moon peaks at 23h38!
This full-moon-partial-lunar-eclipse is the book-end event to the new-moon-total-solar-eclipse from 2 weeks ago. It has been an interesting time between eclipses for most of us since then…
Mindfulness Tip – Conscious Choice vs Default Setting
Remember to set your intention / choice / wish for some extra magic and sparkle.
This is important as you have free will in each moment. So choosing consciously what you would like this moon cycle to bring you will allow things to align, come into harmony and synchronize with what you choose.
Much is being balanced and aligned on all levels at present for all of us and so you may have experienced the best of times and / or the worst of times in the last 2 weeks!
The new moon in Cancer earlier this month carried the essence of the feminine and emphasis on the inner world. Clarity with regards to our inner world has been amplified in this period between eclipses by the simultaneous aspect of 6 planets being in retrograde.
The full moon in Capricorn carries the essence of the masculine and the outer world, especially career. So with both aspects coming into play in one month, we have a chance to balance the masculine and feminine aspects which we all embody within ourselves.
What is planetary retrograde?
Planets, including Earth, are all in constant motion around the sun. However, when a planet slows down, it appears as if it is going backwards relative to Earth. We therefore perceive it as being in retrograde / backwards motion. This time we have 6 just to add some extra pizazz to the mix!
It also does affect us and you may have been experiencing one or more of the following:
- Projects, ideas, creativity, etc stalling or being delayed
- Issues surfacing that you thought we have dealt with
- Low energy
- Sluggishness, heaviness or density
What is the benefit of a planetary retrograde?
Old issues that you thought were done and dusted may be coming around again. This has 2 gifts for you:
- It is showing up for a once-over and review to finally close off any unfinished aspect so that you can let it go…for good.
- It is here for you to check that it is complete – you can check how differently you are responding this time and also see how much you have grown on all levels from that experience.
How to practice self-care and self-love at this time
This is a potent period which we are in as we have all of this going on as well as all the planetary upheavals such as the earthquakes. Some of us may feel shaken to our core and as if our world is in disarray and chaos. It is important to stay away from negativity and drama and focus on creating as much inner peace and calm as you can.
There is a Universal Law which stated – As within, So without.
If we can maintain our centre of peace we are of most benefit to others – like being the calm in the centre of the storm.
- Drink lots of water
- Sleep and rest as much as the body needs
- Meditate or spend quiet-time in contemplation
- Take responsibility for your life and make sensible decisions
- It is important for your peace of mind to follow through on commitments
- Declutter your personal space, diet, thoughts, beliefs, behaviours, attitudes, etc.
- Stay grounded by being out in nature and ‘planting’ your feel on the grass or sand
- Be near or in water as much as you can as this has tremendous calming and healing
Exciting times are ahead for all of us and now we have huge opportunity here to make the most of what is available to us and for us.
Sending all Love, Light and Compassionate Blessings
If you’d like to receive automatic updates, please feel free to subscribe to my mailing list.